Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I don't usually blog twice a day..but there can be exceptions. This exception is because I have realised that I am a soap opera addict. Before I move on, let me clarify that a soap opera addict is different from a soap opera fan. Soap opera fans really like that horrendous stuff. I am just cruelly fascinated by it. I mean, all the shit that the actors say on them are so damn cringe-worthy that it makes you want to fast forward through the whole thing. However, its just so revolting that I have to see it to the end. Here's where the deviant part of me comes out.

The closest thing I can compare it to would be circus acts. Some circus acts, like the contortionists and the fire eaters are just darn gross or scary but still you just HAVE to watch them, in a repulsed kind of attraction. What a beautiful contradiction. It's partly schadenfreude, but its also..I don't know...

And the thing is, sometimes this fascination doesn't only involve TV. It involves the written word. This is why I have been pushed to finish the most atrocious books and articles, even when my face is half buried in the barf bag. Anyway, this may reveal an immoral kaypohness on my part. But hey, at least I'm coming out of the closet. Besides, although kaypoh people are hated all over the world, sometimes they serve a higher purpose. Like journalists, or PIs, or that dude Deep Throat. Kaypohness might very well save the world someday

No comments: