Friday, August 11, 2006

I am now serving the 3rd day of my 5 day incarceration. I tried finding a sympathetic ear in a friend, but I was faced with a puzzled reply of "Lol, I'm not very sure what that is." Never mind though, it turned out to be a very strange but enlightening conversation. That relieved my boredom for about half an hour yesterday, but it has come back with such force that I almost wish VJ didn't win the soccer finals. Then, I wouldn't need to be sitting at home, contemplating the greater meaning of "couch potato". Instead, my timetable postulates that at this very moment, I should be sitting in the library resource room, watching yet another Cold War video that was around when Mr. Sayers was born. I realise the chronological impossibility of that statement, but it seems like it anyway.

There is almost an obligation to write something about national day. Oops, National Day. Must always remember those important capitals. But it's something that I never paid attention to since kindergarten, in all its gigantic and pretentious glory. So...National Day..hmmm. A tiring exercise thar depsite claims, never varies in fakeness rating, and only confirms my suspicions that there are no patriots..only sheep. Maybe there are patriots, but I haven't met one yet. Sure, I have roots here and friends here and everything...but it doesn't eradicate the sianess, which is compounded by days like these.

Two days ago, I was faced with an insurmountable anger that was only superceded by supreme disillusionment. It is shameful when something you really like gets derailed because of the filthy politics. This still rankles so maybe I shouldn't talk about it.

PW is going BRILLIANTLY. I don't know why everything is falling into place, but it is. May everyone's PW experience be as tranquil as mine, where MPs take interest and offer interviews. I know I hate PW, and the concept behind it. I'm just expressing gratitude that all is well.

No comments: