Sunday, June 25, 2006

There are other things that I should be doing now instead of posting. Like studying, for instance. But oh well. I watced 40 year old virgin yesterday, and this is illegal on many counts.

1. I'm supposed to be studying

2. It's M18. This means that the censorship board left all the...bits...in. However, since I'm nearly 17, it should be ok. Unfortunately, my 12 year old sister was watching too. What was disturbing was that she found it more funny than gross. Which is hardly a good forecast of her future mental development.

3. My parents were watching, but not providing any guidance. My father was laughing very hard at the waxing scene, while my mum just looked grossed out through the whole thing. She has a very strong sense of propriety, my mum.

4.Steve Carrell used lots of swear words. Interestingly, the one which was made out to be the worst was "Kelly Clarkson". If it were Singapore, and the name played around with a bit, he could get sued.

Maybe, if I feel inspired later, I will dive into how the Japanese occupation affected SEAsian nationalism. But don't count on it.

No comments: